Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ren's Quilt

So, now that I have a follower (yay Jen!) I feel like I should blog since I haven't posted anything since March. I have a couple plans for future posts (I have some free time coming up so I'll be able to craft more), but for now I'll just talk about what I did recently.

Through the theater I have a group of close friends, one of whom just graduated from high school. For her graduation I decided to make her a small quilt, and the others in the group decided to participate and each made a square. Here's the (almost) finished product:



I made the center square and the four side squares. The coffee one is self-explanatory. We're not racist, the burning Canadian flag is because Ren was in a car accident with some Canadians and now has a personal grievance with the entire country because of it. The Diva is because she was a Diva-in-training and has now been granted full Diva status.

The bottom left square (that doesn't really fit in with the color-scheme) is an interesting story. There was one of us who just does not craft, so to make his square we had him donate a meaningful piece of clothing with which I would make a square. The fabric was a bitch to work with, but the jacket it came from was memorable. The cut out's were done via laser cutter which one of the other girls had at work. It was an interesting was to cut, but I don't know if we'll do it again.

It was a fun group project and she loved the quilt when we gave it to her:

No comments:

Post a Comment