Friday, July 18, 2014

Wonder Woman

Every year on the Saturday closest to my birthday in mid-May is the Maui Brewers Festival - the best day of the year! I have been to every single one since the first one 6 years ago. It's usually my bday pressie from my sisters.

We've gone VIP the last 3 years because it's gotten almost too popular and that is the best way to avoid lines. You also get extra pours, access to rare beers and a T-shirt.

Three years ago a friend decided we would wear hats and mustaches. Which kinda started something - every year since we've seen people wearing mustaches. Last year we decided to be fancy with fascinators, top hats, ties, etc.

This year we kicked things up a notch. Like really kicked it up. A lot.

We dressed up a superheroes. I chose Wonder Woman. My boyfriend went as Batman.

Rather than buying a pre-made Wonder Woman costume I assembled mine from pieces found in various places - some are specifically meant for Wonder Woman some are not.

Here was my basic costume:


I bought a red corset and blue shorts. The chest piece I bought but had to slice down the middle because of my corset. I added the stars to the shorts.


The belt I made out of upholstery vinyl. The vinyl was gold but not quite the right gold, so I spray painted it.


I bought the boots - actually I had to buy 2 pairs. The first went up way to high and cut me off at the knee. So I let our female Captain America wear them.


I bought a tiara and cuffs as well, but ended up spray painting those too because they were not quite the right gold. I also bought the lasso.

I ended up making a little belt purse so I had a place to put my phone and ID. Unfortunately the straps holding it on didn't last through all of Brew Fest.


Here's me and my boyfriend drinking our rare beers - his was called Tart of Darkness and while it suited Batman perfectly it was one of the most bitter awful beers I've ever tasted.


Here's the group of us, though we are missing our Capt America. In case you can't tell we have Lara Croft, Zorro, Batman, Wonder Woman, Mr. Incredible, Lady Punisher, Hit Girl, Wolverine, Supergirl, She-Ra, and Cat Woman.


And here's Wonder Woman and Batman making out because that's just frickin' awesome:





No comments:

Post a Comment