Saturday, July 19, 2014

Swarovski Eye Patch

Between working on shows I have quite a lot more free time and get to do some small craft projects...hence, two posts in two days! It seems to happen a lot.

Yesterday my sister had some minor outpatient eye surgery. The whole family is supposed to come see me in Legally Blonde tonight and she needs an eye patch for the event. So I decided to decorate one for her because I have absolutely nothing to do on a Saturday.

Last month I went to the Hawaii Burlesque Festival in Honolulu. There were shows and workshops - I went to both. Tons of fun! One of the workshops was on rhinestones. Kitten Minx la Femme is an expert in Swarovski crystals and had all kinds of wonderful tips and tricks for adding crystals to things.

She sells supplies and decorated items and has all kinds of tutorials.

It was a lot of fun and I feel very confident after taking her workshop. Also, as part of the workshop we got all kinds of helpful supplies and some Swarovski crystals - so that is what I chose to decorate my sisters eye patch with.



She likes stars - she doesn't really like pink, but that's what I had in preparation for Legally Blonde costumes, so that's what she got. I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment