Monday, February 27, 2012

Organza flowers

I took all these pictures a couple months ago and completely forgot to blog them.

This was part of a costume I made for Ruthless! The Musical. It was a pretty sparkle red organza dress that I thought needed an accent so I decided to add some flowers. I also made a headband with flowers on it too.




The flowers were very easy to make, though it took a couple tries to get the technique mastered.

The flowers are made by melting the edges of the organza. You cut out several different sized circles of organza and using a candle melt the edges.




As the organza melts it curls in a little and they kinda turn into bowls.



The part that takes practice is melting the edges just right so they don't turn black or bubble.

Then you glue the layers together to make the flower.




I added some little gems inside to complete the look.




And here they are on the dress.




They looked really cute on the headband as well but it looks like I forgot to take a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment