Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mousetrap

Right now I'm frantically finishing the costumes for Agatha Christie's Mousetrap which opens this Friday in Kihei. I ended up making 4 of the costumes - a feat I thought would be pretty minor, but turned into a major issue because of ordering fabric online (they didn't send me all of the fabric I ordered and it took forever to ship the fabric I ordered to replace it). And of course, Maui not having the right kind of suiting fabric for a 1950's play that takes place in snowy England.

Here are some pictures of the work in progress. I'll try to post some of the show when they photos of dress rehearsal this week.




This is part of a suit I'm making for Miss Casewell. This is the fabric that I didn't get all of. When I reordered I went with a wool flannel instead of a crepe. Right now I'm taking in the pants that go with this jacket - the actress is so damn skinny. I haven't been able to take a picture of it because my dress form doesn't have legs.



This dress is for Mollie Rolston. This fabric was advertised as "dark navy." Looks pretty black to me.

I actually got this fabric on Maui. It's very synthetic and it melted easily. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment