Friday, September 4, 2009

Another Old Post from MySpace


Sunday, June 10, 2007

I went to a baby shower today, so yesterday I was looking for a gift. I don't know much about baby stuff and what's hot in infant couture right now, so I was a little perplexed by what I should get.

Well, yesterday I also happened to be shopping for costume stuff, so I was in the fabric section and thought, I should have made a little quilt. I made one recently four Lexy's graduation...it took me four years. But I thought if I simplified things I could do it in one day. So I bought some fabric and headed home.

I simplified things by doing absolutely no piecing. I made a sandwich of pink and white fabric (with batting as the bologna) and all the exciting stuff went into the quilting part.

And it worked! In less than 24 hours I had made a quilt. Granted it would have been a lot nicer if I'd had more time, but there wasn't much more time then the time I did it in anyway.

So here are some pictures of the quilt (front and back):




And some detail because it's hard to see stuff above:


1 comment:

  1. I love these. Sometimes the simplest designs work out the best.

    ReplyDelete