Saturday, September 15, 2012

Count Louis LeStat Wafflebuns

You may remember a couple years ago I created a little lamb for a friend: Pete T Sheep. He went traveling with me to Egypt and a couple other places. He also travelled with some other people when they went to far off places. So when I was about to set forth on a three week trip to England, Scotland and Ireland I asked my friend if I could take Pete with me. Unfortunately Pete had a run in with my buddy's cat and I'm horribly allergic to cats so Pete couldn't make the trip.

I decided I'd have to make my own travel buddy.  It was during waffle week when I had the following picture as my Facebook profile pic:


I found the picture on google and have no idea who made it or why, but you have to admit it's pretty awesome. When I asked my Facebook friends what I should make for my travel buddy someone suggested I make the waffle eating vampire bunny.

So I searched for bunny softie patterns and this is what I found on Craft Passion:


A little on the cutesy side, but it worked. The pattern is made from socks. I altered it slightly to get rid of the droopy ears. It ended up taking about three socks because I had to redo a couple things and because I ended up using the toes of the socks and some pink felt for the ears.

At first I wasn't sure how I was gonna do the ears so he looked kind of like a baby seal.



I put a little packet of rice in his bum to keep him from falling over. I was going to use sugar but then I thought I'd have issues going through security at the airport. I didn't want them tearing him apart thinking I was smuggling cocaine.

Here he is with ears:


His waffle is make of felt.

It took awhile to find something to use for the teeth, but eventually I found something in the beading aisle at Ben Franklin that worked:



And here's some pics on the trip:










I also made a travel turtle for my sister. And we picked up a loch ness monster in Scotland and a little lamb in Ireland:




No comments:

Post a Comment