Sunday, April 10, 2011

ZigZag Quilt

A couple years ago I had a subscription to some quilting magazines. A year's worth was enough to provide me with quite a bit of inspiration.  This was an ad in one for some fabric:
I liked the zigzag pattern and decided to make myself a quilt out of it.  I chose black and white and red as the theme and got a bunch of different fabrics and cut out lots of triangles (it's a smaller quilt because I'm not that fond of cutting triangles. I arranged an order of the different fabrics and started sewing strips:

 Once I had completed the strips of the two fabrics I sewed those all together to make the zigzags:
Until I had them all sewn together:
Obviously then I trimmed the edges. Then it was just quilting. I quilted along the seams:
This is the final quilt:

This is the backing fabric:
Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment