Friday, July 30, 2010

Crafty Wish List

Since I've already posted my Crafty To-Do list I thought I'd post a more theoretical list of things I would like to do or would like to learn how to do:

1. Home renovation/interior design: I am in the process of buying a new condo. My lovely 1-bedroom condo isn't big enough for my sewing stuff so I'm trying to get a bigger place with a room just for crafting (mainly to contain the chaos and to separate the crafting from the rest of my life). I just made an offer on this great place up the road from the theater but it looks like it hasn't been renovated since the 70's. Everything's in great condition, it's just not a style that's to my liking. So I see big projects in the future involving cheap upgrades to my (potential) new home.

2. Blog more: I would like to blog more, the problem is I usually forget to take pictures of my craftiness as it's happening. I will try.

3. Knitting/scrapbooking: I've been avoiding these two things because they seem to be too big of a fad right now. Everyone is knitting or scrapbooking and I try to do things that are a little more unique. Still, because of the popularity of both I keep finding awesome things to do with both so it'd probably be worth learning to do.

4. Sewing classes: UH - Maui College (formerly MCC) has a fashion technology associates degree and it has some clothing construction classes that I would love to take. Most of my sewing skills are self taught so it would be nice to learn better ways to do things.

That's just a start because I keep seeing things that I'd like to learn how to do but probably never will (yarn lei-making).

2 comments:

  1. #2. Take tons of pictures, Get picasa free from google and press "Blog it" on pics you like.

    I look forward to checking back here more Miss Craft-Masterette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can kind of knit, but I prefer to crochet. However, I have totally noticed that it's the cool 20/30-something hobby.

    ReplyDelete