Monday, October 1, 2012

Costume Design - Sweeney Todd

In a previous post I shared some designs I did in costume design class in college. In continuing with that here are some other designs I've done.

In this portion of the class they had a graduate student come in as the director. They picked out a play and we worked with them just like a costume designer would. We discussed their vision and how they wanted the show to look.

This is 'Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street':
Sweeney

Mrs. Lovett

Judge Turpin
 
Johanna

Anthony

Tobias

Beggar Woman
I had a lot of fun making the clothes look dingy. I added ink to the watercolors and it was awesome.

I tried to tie all the costumes together with a hint of red (to reference the bloodiness of the show).


No comments:

Post a Comment